Thursday At Sea to Ketchikan
At 3 am my vestibular apparatus alerted me to some noteworthy changes in the attitude of the ship on the order of a giant slalom. This continued for several minutes before we returned to a more straight ahead course. I drifted in and out of sleep and gave in to my need for caffeine about 5. The Coffee Connection one flight down provided all I needed and two espressos later I was on my way up to nudge Nace back to life. We ordered room service breakfast for 6:30 but by 7:15 we were wondering what happened. I called room service to find out that I did a great job filling out our order but failed to note the time of delivery. In less than 10 minutes we had a tray full of breakfast goodies. Our journey north and west revealed all sorts of terrain and several periods of serious fog.
Rod witnessed the transfer of our Canadian ship captain who was taken off the ship's lower level by a high speed boat that pulled up to the side of the ship long enough for him to hop off and head back to Canada. We are now in American waters.
At noon we returned to the pool deck for a special seafood lunch extravaganza doing more damage to our upcoming blood work values.
Back to the room for a quick respite we studied our upcoming excursions which will start tomorrow with a boat cruise in George Inlet followed by a Crab Feast.
Cocktails at the aft Horizon Lounge before dinner
Dinner at Charteruse- 6 pm local time
I know it looks like we are the only ones on the ship. It turns out the ship is very big for the number of guests and we are never competing for a place to eat, drink or enjoy the panoramic views. It also seems like we do nothing but eat and drink which will all change tomorrow when we will add getting off the ship to our exhaustive list of activities.
It would be unkind to label the French young woman who took care of us a waitress. At every turn she put forth recommendations that were spot on. If you showed any sign of indecision about the right choice of an option she simply said, we would have a little of each. The presentation was better than even these photos can convey.
The plan for the remainder of the evening was to attend the evening show in the two story theater forward in the ship. I had enough time to retreat to the outdoor smoking area to enjoy one of the cubans I scored in Vancouver and watch the sun set.
Nace and I were joined by sweet Adeline who was enjoying the end of the day aft views with her daddy while mom had a massage.


























Enjoy the continuing beauty. Glaciers will amaze. Hopefully you will harvest some ice up close and personal. Also expect you to return with some moose turd swizzle sticks.
ReplyDeleteJoe